Sunday, December 20, 2015

Barbarela Part 5

I've had a bit of painting time this past week, but it's been spent on small sections.  With the other hand attached, I finished off the sleeve and then painted the hand itself.  I used the same pale sickly skin mix I did for the face.  I then moved on to the beard and, with that finished, applied some glazes to the face.  Now, normally I use red, blue, and purple ink for this work.  Since I'm tweaking the skin tone for a less natural look, I changed the glazes as well.  The mixes were shifted towards the blue.  So, red became two parts red to one part purple.  Purple became 50/50 purple and blue.  The blue glaze remained blue.


1 comment:

  1. Well that's a nice project, just need to a freehand that herringbone pattern on to the coat and you're done :) Seriously though, looking good, I like the colors.

    ReplyDelete