Tuesday, March 3, 2015

WIP Saxon Warrior Part 6

So I finished this figure about four months ago, but his base remained a work in progress.  It's an interior scene, some building this barbarian has broken into on a raid, and there's a lot of wood texture to deal with (not the most fun to paint).  I gave it an attempt earlier but didn't like how it was looking, so I put it aside for a while.  I had planned to bring this to the Crystal Brush competition as my historical single entry.  And, with the show only two and a half weeks away, I really couldn't drag my feet any longer.

After painting the various parts of the base I went back in to do the weathering.  The scene is right after some sort of struggle with stuff strewn all over the ground, so this is an important part of the story.  Like with the figure, I began with pigments mixed with matte medium to create some mud.  Then it was dry pigments to create a dusty dirty look.  And finally I used some Tamiya Clear Red (plus a bit of black ink) for some blood stains.


No comments:

Post a Comment