Friday, September 5, 2014

Dragoon WIP 3

I'm a little behind in updating my progress on the Dragoon.  Here he is with most of the details finished up.  
After that I started on the weathering.  He's in his campaign gear and not his parade dress, so he shouldn't be too clean.  I started out with adding mud to his feet using pigments mixed with matte medium into a paste.  From there I used some washes to add some old strains to his coat, straps, and shirt.  A couple blood stains here and there plus perhaps he spilled some food or something at some point.  Lastly I went in with the dry pigments to add a good layer of dust and dirt onto his uniform.  I made sure to focus on the feet, knees, and elbows.

2 comments:

  1. Good to see you dirtying him up. My one reservation about your near-perfect style is that it's usually too clean. Take that with a grain of salt, of course. I look to you to learn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has definitely been my biggest experiment in weathering to date. I've used pigments on quite a few bases, but I've been more reserved with them on the actual figures. I still tend towards a clean look but I'll keep pushing myself to stick with the weathering on future projects (when appropriate of course).

    ReplyDelete